Riding on the Edge(unfinished) Riding on the Edge(unfinished)

I agree:

With the no screaming thing, because this is a really really nice, solid piece of metal, although it's quite upbeat in comparison to the inspirations you noted.
The solo was impressive.
You've really got everything nailed down tight to the point of this sounding semi-professional.
I want to hear a finished version, pal!!!! *intimidating face*

Desperate Damaged Desperate Damaged

Honestly

The guitars were really really cool and I was excited, but I am just very picky about screaming in my songs, so that sort of in a way kind of spoiled it for me. It is pretty good though.
It's not pretending to be super hardcore like lots of modern metal bands, and it's got a little bit of a bright flair to it, not being super dark. The pace changes throughout are nice. The guitar fills are pretty well thought out. All the different instrument tones are mixed well and sound good.
You guys obviously don't have a problem putting on a little speed for bursts of riff here and there, and the pre-solo/solo was REALLY REALLY cool. It almost sounded a little bit like something I might write, sort of.
Decent harmonization among the lead 'tars.
I liked the little effect you used around 3:29, and the riff after it. Kept the song interesting.

emersonhc responds:

Thanks for taking the time to break down our song man. (edit: the pun was unintentional ahahaha)

We understand vocals are very hit or miss with heavier music, and are probably the main reason people don't like it, but this is the style we went with and are happy with :)

We are by no means super hardcore, we're very down to earth and we focus on melody and creativity instead of just going into a million breakdowns. We try to keep them limited and tasteful. The solo's represent this well.

Really glad you enjoyed it, check out our other song Blurred Vision as well and drop us a review there, we take all feedback into consideration with our songwriting and our band in general.

Cheers,
drenz/Emerson

Forsaken Rage (metal) Forsaken Rage (metal)

Whoa!

NICE!
This is extremely fast paced, so it's an energetic loop and it'd be an intense song.
Nice chops, by the way, man. That's coming from one guitarist of 2 1/2 years that wishes like hell that he could solo like you do. ;)

OPQC responds:

haha! i'm really gonna make a song of this, i think it will become such an epic one...

thanks for the comment!

Blackdrop (metal) Blackdrop (metal)

Could be...

More interesting, as I guess I just don't see what the point in this little strange loop is, but I guess that's why you added it as a loop.

OPQC responds:

i was just testing some amps, so it*s not the best one eva...

the point was to make a little loop. that's all. what's so bad on it?

Temptaion (Onward to Victory) Temptaion (Onward to Victory)

Pretty good

Well, it's actually pretty good, very cool, but some parts were kinda strange, which is vague, so I'll try to explain.
Were you looking for a strange, fuzzy, am radio type of guitar tone? It just sounded weird to me, but don't mind that.
The way the drums worked were interesting, but, well, I guess most of my comments are being based on the expectations one would have for a typical song and this is not a typical song.,
Sorry
I just came from a rock concert so my perspective is probably skewed.

cursed666 responds:

It's cool, actually I was looking for a slightly different guitar tone then usual, I like this tone, but it's not something I would want to stick with, I'm still looking for that "perfect sound". Anyways thanks for your review, hope you enjoyed this track. ;D

Razorback Razorback

Solid

The rhythm is solid, and the soloing is sweet, well done!

Skyler182 responds:

Thanks I appreaciate it. :)

Black Eyes (Demo) Black Eyes (Demo)

AWESOME!

This is a lot more polished than some of the other punk stuff I've found on here (not saying that not polished = bad, but it's different)
And the soloing was a welcome surprise.
Thanks for submitting something so awesome

Stand Against Myself Stand Against Myself

Offtime

Your drums around the 1:30 to 2:00 minute mark are off time, and from then on, I guess too.

deslacoda responds:

Nah, that's a purposeful off-beat rythmn.

Carol of the Bells (Metalized) Carol of the Bells (Metalized)

Obviously

Having read your comments, I understand some things like the guitars (they very digital sounding, at least the crunch rhythm is) but overall, you've got some good taste and good fingerwork going on in here.
I haven't listened to your newer version, but I would definitely suggest sort of giving the song a wider feel. Like, have some deep rhythm guitars going on at the same time as the harmonized leads.
It was pretty good overall, though

KitsuMech responds:

Yeah you should totally check out the "newer" one now. I can't believe these songs are so old. lol.

Fallout 3_12 Days of Christmas Fallout 3_12 Days of Christmas

I've only played the game a little bit

but I got most of the references and allusions.
Very creative, thoughtful, and well recorded.
I liked it a lot.

samsonloftin responds:

Thanks, it good to hear that you still enjoyed it even though you played it for only a little while. Thanks again for the review.